Note in above codes you ca

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

8,000 BOKO HARAM MEMBERS HAVE SURRENDERED - MILITARY


The military on Tuesday in Abuja said 8,000 Boko Haram
members voluntarily surrendered to its “Operation Safe
Corridor” in the Northeast.
Director of Defence Information Brig.-Gen. Rabe Abubakar
spoke at a lecture organised by the Federal Capital Territory
(FCT) Correspondents’ Chapel.
Abubakar said the surrendered insurgents were in a camp
in Gombe waiting to be “de-radicalised” by the military.
He also said over 10,000 Boko Haram captives were
rescued by the military.
The Defence spokesman said some of them were reunited
with their families, while others were taken to Internally
Displaced Person’s (IDP) camps.
Abubakar said Boko Haram had been decimated by the
military, and that the Federal Government would rehabilitate
victims and rebuilt affected areas.

He also hinted that the military would launch “Operation
Safe Corridor” to address the menace of herdsmen across
the country.
He assured that the military operation would put an end to
the wanton killings by the herdsmen.
Responding to questions on the recent action by the military
declaring some journalists wanted, the general urged the
media not to allow sentiments to influence their judgment
on the issue.
He said the military should be allowed to do its work, while
assuring that no member of the media would be victimised
unnecessarily.
DOWNLOAD OUR ANDROID APP HERE LIKE US ON FACEBOOK HERE FOLLOW US ON TWITTER HERE FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN HERE FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENTS. KINDLY COMMENT HERE